Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!




Today is me and Nick's one year anniversary. I cant believe that it has been a year already. I still remember all the preparations for the big day and wondering if we would ever make it there without killing eachother and here we are one year later. Most of the day went by so fast it was a blur, but I will never forget the look you gave me and the words that came out of your mouth when I made it up the aisle, "You look beautiful" than it was followed by "why are you crying". Good times and good memories. I finished the wedding scrapbook so now we can look back and remember every moment from the beginning!! For our anniversary I ordered a cake since we ate our top tier at 6 months. We are both inpatient when it comes to dessert!! Nick went to pick up the cake from McArthurs bakery and did not pay any attention to what it looked like. When he got home he opened it and took a closer look and discovered that our anniversary cake said "Happy Birthday Anne". It makes for a good laugh. We took a pic and ate it. Anne, happy birthday, your cake was delicious and I hope ours was too!! Since I ordered the cake for Nick he got me chocolate covered strawberries, my fav!! I ate them all by Saturday afternoon!! Saturday night Nick took me to Dierdorf and Harts Steakhouse at WestPort. I was very good!! Afterwards we took a pic by the water fountain which happens to be the same one we were at last year before the wedding reception. I am a dork and thought that was sort of fun and romantic!! On Sunday, the actual anniversary, I had planned a picnic lunch, however a huge storm came our way which reminds me of the storm that came through on our wedding day also. They say that it is good luck if it rains on our wedding day, but what do they say if it rains on the wedding day and the first anniversary? I guess we will find out. Happy Anniversary to my best friend who I love more every day. I cant wait to see what the next year brings!!

1 comment: